e-search widget

Jump to solution
10-15-2014 10:59 AM
glennhazelton
Occasional Contributor III

I have a problem with Robert Scheitlin's enhanced search widget.

I have it working in the web app builder configuration and I can modify the query and fields to be displayed etc. but when I click on the icon a white box appears with the 'loading' wheel spinning but nothing happens after that. what is the easiest way to debug what is going on. I figure I am missing something basic. likely a path in a config file somewhere but I am new to working with this code. any help appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Glenn,

That's why it is called Beta. Esri changed an event name on me again in the symbolChooser.js. If you go in the DefaultSearchSym.js file and find the postCreate function and change these lines:

Old:

this.own(on(this.defaultPointSymbolChooser,'Change',lang.hitch(this,this._onPointSymbolChange)));

this.own(on(this.defaultLineSymbolChooser,'Change',lang.hitch(this,this._onLineSymbolChange)));

this.own(on(this.defaultPolySymbolChooser,'Change',lang.hitch(this,this._onPolySymbolChange)));

New

this.own(on(this.defaultPointSymbolChooser,'change',lang.hitch(this,this._onPointSymbolChange)));

this.own(on(this.defaultLineSymbolChooser,'change',lang.hitch(this,this._onLineSymbolChange)));

this.own(on(this.defaultPolySymbolChooser,'change',lang.hitch(this,this._onPolySymbolChange)));

The difference is the case of the event change.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Glenn,

The version I have available for download is for Beta1 and I was going to release a Beta2 but I got so involved in adding all the Flex versions features that I never got around to finishing up the UI part and now I have a version that works in Beta 2 and 3 but the UI is out of sync with the widget core. I will try and find some time to get the Beta 1 version working in Beta 3 and update the download.

0 Kudos
glennhazelton

ok thanks Robert

let me know when I can grab a version that will work with Beta 3.

I appreciate all your effort. this is a wonder search tool. I use it exclusively in my flexviewer.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Glenn,

A version that works with Beta 3 is now uploaded. Keep in mind this is a far cry from where the Flex version of the eSearch is, as far as functionality.

Enhanced Search Widget Beta 3

0 Kudos
glennhazelton

Thank You!!

I have it working.

As far as functionality I think it works well.

the ability to select graphically is a great plus.

it would be nice to be able to add-to or remove features with additional queries.

I have some users who want to be able filter features based on a value and then further refine it based on a date.

and of course exporting to a .csv file would be wonderful.

0 Kudos
glennhazelton

Robert,

do you have the functionality to hyperlink to other documents in this version?

I see the 'linkfield' item in the config but I am not sure how to use it.

I am also wondering about 'attachments'

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Glenn,

Nope, the link nor the attachments is working yet in that version (I still have a lot of work to do).

0 Kudos
glennhazelton

hi Robert,

I have just discovered the check box in the eSearch labeled "add results as operational layer"

can you explain how this works and how to set the default symbol for a point query.

I see that it does work and I can display the attributes for the results.

but

the symbology doesn't seem to be working  as there is nothing showing on the map.

the symbol I see in the layer list is a circle with a "x" inside it.

this tool will solve my 'filtering' issue, as if it works I can turn off the full dataset and just display the results of the query.

and one more question....

the symbol for the results is the binoculars from the flex viewer.

there is a gui in the webappbuilder to change the default symbol. but it doesn't work with the esearch.

I can set it to something else and save but when I run the querytool it reverts to the binoculars.

if I wanted to use the big blue circle that is the default in the esri query tool how would I alter your config?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Glenn,

That's why it is called Beta. Esri changed an event name on me again in the symbolChooser.js. If you go in the DefaultSearchSym.js file and find the postCreate function and change these lines:

Old:

this.own(on(this.defaultPointSymbolChooser,'Change',lang.hitch(this,this._onPointSymbolChange)));

this.own(on(this.defaultLineSymbolChooser,'Change',lang.hitch(this,this._onLineSymbolChange)));

this.own(on(this.defaultPolySymbolChooser,'Change',lang.hitch(this,this._onPolySymbolChange)));

New

this.own(on(this.defaultPointSymbolChooser,'change',lang.hitch(this,this._onPointSymbolChange)));

this.own(on(this.defaultLineSymbolChooser,'change',lang.hitch(this,this._onLineSymbolChange)));

this.own(on(this.defaultPolySymbolChooser,'change',lang.hitch(this,this._onPolySymbolChange)));

The difference is the case of the event change.

0 Kudos
glennhazelton

great, thanks

it works.

I assume you are working on adding the multiple query options like you have in the flex version so queries can be used to add to or remove from a selected set as well.

0 Kudos