Duplicate key index error?

Jump to solution
04-14-2016 11:57 AM
MichaelAugust
Occasional Contributor III

We're up to 10 apps in our WAB 2.0 edition, and started getting this error "Error: duplicate key error index" and rattles off a bunch of node_modules errors... - any idea what we can do to try to repair.  Aside from re-installing WAB 2.0 I'm out of ideas.  If we were to re-install WAB, is there a way to backup and re-load our existing webapps? Thanks for any ideas.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelAugust

Great, thanks Robert, didn't think of that and it makes sense.  If we've also developed a style (a new swatch to choose) under a theme (i.e. Foldable), for example we created a new color style under the Foldable Theme, is it ok to just copy/replace inside the themes folder to the new WAB install? trying to understand best practices when something blows up like this, so we don't have to redo that style creation work...thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

When I have had a WAB install get corrupted and am no longer able to make new apps I just install a new WAB under a different folder name and use that one for creating new apps and keep the old one to get access to the other apps. You can (I have done it in the past) export from the other WAB and then import to the new WAB.

MichaelAugust

Great, thanks Robert, didn't think of that and it makes sense.  If we've also developed a style (a new swatch to choose) under a theme (i.e. Foldable), for example we created a new color style under the Foldable Theme, is it ok to just copy/replace inside the themes folder to the new WAB install? trying to understand best practices when something blows up like this, so we don't have to redo that style creation work...thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

I have done the same (creating a custom style). Yes that will work.

0 Kudos
AdamInglis
Occasional Contributor II

I have run into this situation too, where I cold no longer duplicate apps for whatever reason.  My solution was to export the app I wanted to duplicate, then import it.

MichaelAugust

Great - thanks for your help Robert!

0 Kudos