Doing graphic selections in Web App Builder

11-18-2015 04:39 AM
ClarkLangridge
Occasional Contributor II

I'm looking at the geoprocessing service widget and I'm trying to figure out if I can do a graphic selection of features so that the process only runs on those features (similar to what happens in ArcMap).  Is that possible?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Clark,

Have you looked at the Query widget or the eSearch?

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Those Robert mentioned and more can be found Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List

0 Kudos
ClarkLangridge

That sentence doesn't make sense...

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I meant that the widgets Robert mentioned, and a lot of other custom widgets are included on the resource list.  Thought maybe you were new to Web App Builder dev edition.  My apologies if my assumption was wrong.

0 Kudos
ClarkLangridge

No worries.  We'll say I'm intermediate.  It was trying to parse that sentence that was giving me a headache (who's Robert and what has he mentioned? ).

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ahh.  You need to know Robert Scheitlin, GISP 's name if you do anything with using web app builder dev edition (sorry I was so vague).  He was the one that made the first comment to you above.....and also one of the main developers of the custom apps.  He answers many, many questions in the geonet community re: JS and Web app builder (WAB), and was the Flex custom app guru too.

0 Kudos
ClarkLangridge

That could work.  I'll have to test it.

0 Kudos
ClarkLangridge

I can't use eSearch because we are using AGOL rather than hosting Portal on our servers.  The Query widget runs into 2 problems:

1. The Query widget doesn't respect any filtering you have placed on the underlying web map (ESRI has logged this as a bug to, no date as to when a fix will be implemented); and
  2. You can only select one layer at a time, and I can already hear my users complaining about that.

However the geoprocessing service I'm looking at only needs the extent of all the features that have been selected.  So I think that if I use the Draw tool, adding its output as an operational layer and use that as the input to the service, that will get me around the issue (there's a big "I think" in there).

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Clark,

I agree this would be the way to go.

0 Kudos