Different visible scales for different basemaps?

Jump to solution
10-19-2015 04:04 AM
MihkelMänna
Occasional Contributor

I use a custom tiled basemap and an ESRI basemaps in my app. I would like users to view the ESRI basemap on all scales but since I don't have all scales covered with my custom basemap, switching to this would show only a blank screen.

Would it be possible to set different visible scales (lods) for these basemaps?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mihkel,

The way I am using the LocalLayer widget to add "ESRI Streets" as a tiled layer and set the displaylevels where it shuts off after the defined display levels have been exceeded and then I have my aerial photographic layer added as a tiled layer which has min scale range set on the map service so that it shows after the esri streets shuts off, means that I have not need to use a basemap gallery widget. This is one way you can achieve what you are asking about.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mihkel,

How are you adding the two basemaps? Is the esri one part of the WebMap that you are using or is your custom basemap part of the WebMap? Either way there is no way in the UI to set the display levels for the basemaps and this will have to be done by modifying code in the WAB stemApp

0 Kudos
MihkelMänna
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert! Thanks for the response.

Currently, my custom basemap is part of the AGOL web map and the ESRI basemap is selectable from the Basemap Gallery widget. Could you point me in the right direction with where to start with this customization?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mihkel,

I do this in my WAB app using the LocalLayer widget and setting the display levels for esri streets basemap  (the only esri basemap I use). If you have a desire to still use the basemap switcher and be able to use other esri basmaps then I will have to dig into how to do this. So let me know if using one esri basemap will work for you or not.

MihkelMänna
Occasional Contributor

Robert,

Thanks. I will have a look at the LocalLayer widget and see if this works for me. I'll get back to you on that.

0 Kudos
MihkelMänna
Occasional Contributor

Robert,

I could use the LocalLayer widget in my app, although it seems that I would lose some customizations I have made on the AGOL web map. And just to be clear, does using this widget mean that I would not be able to use the Basemap Gallery? Thanks.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mihkel,

The way I am using the LocalLayer widget to add "ESRI Streets" as a tiled layer and set the displaylevels where it shuts off after the defined display levels have been exceeded and then I have my aerial photographic layer added as a tiled layer which has min scale range set on the map service so that it shows after the esri streets shuts off, means that I have not need to use a basemap gallery widget. This is one way you can achieve what you are asking about.

MihkelMänna
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Robert. I think i get the picture now.

0 Kudos