Deployed WebApp thru AWS Amplify but still prompted for login

12-17-2021 08:18 AM
JohnSasso
New Contributor II

I have an ArcGIS Personal subscription (thus no access to ArcGIS Enterprise) and created a free account in Amazon AWS.  I exported an ArcGIS WebApp I developed to a ZIP file, then uploaded it to AWS through Amazon AWS Amplify.   However, when I try accessing the webapp via the URL given, I get prompted for ArcGIS login creds.   The webapp is shared to the public in ArcGIS

I am not an expert at deploying webapps to Amazon AWS (first-timer).  ArcGIS's docs on deploying a webapp into AWS are a bit vague and haven't helped.   Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Brian_Wilson
Occasional Contributor III

In my experience that means that something in the app is not accessible to the public. The first step is to try accessing your map directly (skip the app). Another good thing to try is putting an empty map into the app. Just create a map with an Esri standard basemap in it, put it in your app,  and see what happens with that.

JohnSasso
New Contributor II

Brian - Yes, with your suggestion, I narrowed it down to the "USA Wetlands" layer from Esri's Living Atlas as the culprit.  That layer is indicated as "Exclusive content for subscribers."  That's odd as I thought all layers in LA were publicly-accessible.   

Well, given that, is there a way to make this layer accessible through my web app?  I would venture to guess others have included this layer in their publicly-accessible webapps as well.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Brian_Wilson
Occasional Contributor III

The underlying data source is open, they are just commodifying a free data source. You have to have credentials to use it but it does not use any credits.  So the Esri way would be to put a token into your app.

Sometimes it's simply easier to use the data directly from the provider.

https://www.fws.gov/wetlands/Data/Web-Map-Services.html

I got the raster service to load, it's struggling with the others listed there.

Let's face it though, I can see by the URL that they are running ArcGIS Server so I tried the ArcGIS URL instead and that came right up.

Here is a screenshot from a map viewer showing how I added the service and you can see it in the background.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos