Custom Web App not working in Chrome

03-09-2021 12:36 PM
PamelaLocke1
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I have a custom web app set up that seems to be working for all users except one. 

He was having an issue accessing it from Chrome on his Mac, but now cannot use it on Chrome with his Windows machine in his office as well.

It loads fine, but he cannot get any of the feature pop-ups even after clearing cache.  It also works fine in Firefox, just not Chrome. He said all web browsers have been updated to the latest versions. 

When I test it out, it works fine with no issues....so I'm having a hard time troubleshooting.  Any thoughts on what could be causing this for 1 user and not others? 

Thanks!

Pamela 

15 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

@PamelaLocke1 

Do they have to sign in to view the webapp? 

0 Kudos
PamelaLocke1
Occasional Contributor

Yes, it is a secure viewer on our portal and only certain groups on our campus have access to it. 

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

@PamelaLocke1 
I have had some weird issues with permissions. I have had to create another account that I have access to with the same exact permissions to test out any bugs. I am not sure why it would not work on chrome but work on firefox

0 Kudos
PamelaLocke1
Occasional Contributor

yeah, it's not a permissions thing.  He can access the app, but once he's in, non of the pop ups work....??  and he's the only one having the issue. 

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Are there any extensions that he has installed? Have you tried uninstalling chrome and reinstalling. 

0 Kudos
AndreaFagan
New Contributor II

@PamelaLocke1 Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue with a single user. Works in Firefox for him, but not in Chrome. Worked fine in Chrome up until today. And it works fine for me. Thanks!

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I am having the same thing. One person cannot select any features.

0 Kudos
PamelaLocke1
Occasional Contributor

I have not figured it out yet unfortunately

0 Kudos
AndreaFagan
New Contributor II

Through a tech support ticket with Esri, I confirmed that the user could not replicate the popup issues on a different computer (ie popups worked for him on a different computer in Chrome, as well as a different browser on his own computer), so after uninstalling/reinstalling Chrome the issue went away. The user and I had the same version of Chrome, but he did have some OS/security updates pending so perhaps that caused the issue? Regardless, it seemed to fix the issue (for now, or until it happens to someone else!).

0 Kudos