Custom PrintService in ArcGIS WebApp Builder throws error when used in PrintWidget

03-04-2020 11:06 PM
MarioNowak
New Contributor II

I have a WebApp application I am creating with the Web AppBuilder Developer Edition. In ArcMap, I created a custom print service like described here (https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/create-web-apps/windows/tutorial-publishing-additiona...). When I use the custom PrintService in the PrintWidget, no file is exported but an error is thrown: Error executing tool. Export Web Map.

When I copy the Web_Map_as_JSON code that is generated from the execute call, remove the basemap layer (https://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Topo_Map/MapServer) from the JSON code, I can get the PrintService to work when I execute from REST endpoint (execute) in the ArcGIS Server Manager.

But the combination of MapServices (hosted on an internal server) and the ESRI basemap does not work.

When I use the standard PrintService of WAB, I can get an export when I deselect all layers and only print the basemap, but when I add layers of my MapServices, it fails. However, since I need a custom template, I cannot use the standard PrintService.

Any idea what has to be done to make the print widget working with a custom PrintService and combine the ESRI basemap with MapServices hosted internally?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mario,

It is most likely failing because your print service fails to access agol base map services.

If you set your print service Message Level to Error/Warning/Info, you should see more descriptive error message showing the reason behind the failure.

The most likely reason your print service fails to connect basemap services is because of firewall settings.

I think I usually asks users to do is this:

• log on to your server machine that is running your print service
    • make sure you log as ArcGIS Server Account not as your account
  • open a browser and try to access a agol basemap service

hope this helps.

Thanks.

Tanu

0 Kudos