Custom Printing Service in AGO

02-16-2017 02:37 PM
KaraCaricato-Michalke
New Contributor II

I am trying to create a custom print service on arcgis server 10.3.1 using the export web map tool and the get layout templates info. After I run through all of the steps to create the gps service and try to use it in a web app, it doesn't work. I checked the rest endpoint and it's missing the "Export Web Map Task" under the Tasks section and it's missing the the Export%Web%Map%Task at the end of the URL. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
18 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kara,

Some resources for publishing print services:

Hope this helps,

MatthewAyer
New Contributor II

This isn't working for me in AGO.  It works in Portal for ArcGIS, but not AGO.  The only print services I am able to add to AGO are the out of the box utility print services from my ArcGIS server.  Is it possible to add a custom print service to AGO?  One that is created via a geoprocessing server either from the tutorial you mentioned( This doesn't work for me), or preferably my own geoprocessing service created via ArcPy?  

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Matthew,

> Is it possible to add a custom print service to AGO? 

Yes, please see this help topic: Configure utility services—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
MatthewAyer
New Contributor II

We were able to get this working with help from ESRI support.  The custom print service had to be named "PrintingTools"  according to a newly logged bug.  [BUG-000103361: Using custom print services in the Print widget of Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS returns the following error message, "This is not a print task."]

KaraCaricato-Michalke
New Contributor II

Matthew,

Even when I add the custom print service "PrintingTools" it gives me the same error. Am I doing something else wrong?

0 Kudos
MichaelMiller2
Occasional Contributor III
KaraCaricato-Michalke
New Contributor II

Michael,

That's what I thought, I don't know what I'm doing wrong that the export web map print task isn't publishing. I created my web map template, ran the export web map tool, and shared the service naming it "PrintingTools". I'm not sure what I'm missing, any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
MichaelMiller2
Occasional Contributor III

It looks like you are trying to add the service to your AGOL account. What you need to do is add the service, via URL, to the Printing Utility Services in AGOL, you will need to be admin on your organizational account.

0 Kudos
KaraCaricato-Michalke
New Contributor II

When I try that as Admin, I still get an error. I'm missing the Export%20Web%20Map - do you know why this is?

0 Kudos