Create off-panel widget to display information automatically after splash screen

Jump to solution
06-17-2016 10:45 AM
WilliamMiller4
Occasional Contributor II

I would like to show additional information after the user agrees to the terms & conditions on the splash screen. What ESRI or DOJO class (a dijit/Dialog perhaps?) should I use to display this information as an off-panel widget and how would I have it display automatically upon the close of the splash screen? Any help is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
WilliamMiller4

Thanks for the links Rebecca. I had already looked at Larry's WelWhatDisHelpAbout widget though. If it were a free standing widget, I probably would use it, but it is dependent on the Acme widget. I'm hoping to find a simpler way.

0 Kudos
MichaelJenkins
Occasional Contributor III

I use the "about" widget for a similar purpose to what you describe.   Have you already ruled out that widget?  I'm sure it wouldn't take much to programmatically open it when  the splash screen is closed, then the user can open and close it when needed by clicking an icon.

GISP
WilliamMiller4

Thanks for the suggestion Michael. I was just hoping to have the content appear in the center of the browser, as part of its function is to act as a welcome screen. Also, my About widget currently provides information and instructions on how to use each of the widgets.

0 Kudos