Code Attachment in Web AppBuilder

02-10-2015 08:51 AM
AndrewAult
New Contributor II

I'm fairly new to Web AppBuilder and I have attempted to create one app so far for use within our organization but when I completed it there was no code attachment in the properties for the app. We wanted to try and download the app to our Web Server but we cannot apparently without downloading the code attachment. I do not have any coding skills in this regard so this would be a big help to us if we could somehow get it to work. An ideas where I'm going wrong?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andrew,

If you want to host the app locally then you should not really be doing anything with AGOL version of WAB you need to download the WAB Developer version.

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

It takes a bit of work to get the app you configured on AGOL (export it as a template, then import that into WAB Dev), so it is best to start over configuring the app in WAB Dev on you local machine. Once you have your app configured on your local machine then in WAB Dev you have the option to download the app and that download is what you move to your Web Server.

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

Andrew,

I know what you are saying about the  code attachment link you are missing. When I started looking into WAB I watched all the demos and followed the documentation too. They always had a download code link from AGOL. That feature is not currently implemented for the rest of us. If you do need to host it on your own site then I would recommend what Robert has mentioned above to use the Developers version. If you just need to make a few config file changes then you can follow some of the steps listed here No Basemap Choices in WebAppViewer