Secure Service Support

12-02-2014 10:29 AM
FrankPisani
New Contributor

It does not look like Web App Builder supports secure services. Can anyone confirm or provide a workaround? The service will authenticate thru the AGOL Java map but will not thru web app builder.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BradySmith
Occasional Contributor

I am not sure if I understand your question? Are you publishing secure services on your own server, storing credentials in AGOL, and then using the service in Web App Builder? We are using this workflow without any issue.

Server 10.2.2, SDE 10.2

Brady

0 Kudos
ChrisMathers
Occasional Contributor III

AGOL security works, but AGS security does not. I believe Frank is doing the same thing we would like to do. He using a secured service in AGOL but instead of securing the AGOL map with stored credentials he is only securing the services in the map. The app is trying to resolve the data from the REST endpoint but instead of prompting for the credentials it goes in to a holding pattern. Oddly, AGS security works in WAB developer edition but once the app is extacted and placed on a webserver the application hangs instead of asking for credentials. I am planning to call esri support about this tomorrow to try to get it resolved, or at least logged as a bug.

0 Kudos
FrankPisani
New Contributor

Hi Chris,

I have noticed that this issue seems to only be a problem now in IE. Prompted AGS security works in FF and Chrome. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
ChrisMathers
Occasional Contributor III

Huh, I'm having the problem in all three. What version of AGS are you using? We are on 10.2.2.

0 Kudos