CMS and ArcGIS Server integration

01-29-2016 12:19 PM
Muqit_Zoarder
Occasional Contributor

Dear all, I have implemented ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 and SQL server 12. I want to develop something like GeoNode. Actually I want to develop a web based data portal for geodatas thus users can share layers, maps to each other and in groups. Users can view data , edit data and save data through this portal. Please suggest me which content management system I can implement.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I'm not familiar with CMS or GeoNode, but it sound more like a ArcGIS for Server​ or ArcGIS Online  question more than a Web AppBuilder question,  so I tagged those groups.   You can also see Moving Content​ to move to a different group.

AppBuilder is more for custom web application or web site development, not a portal in or of itself.   It may however be one component of what you are trying to achieve.  Other tools you can use are ArcGIS Online fir web map sharing, and editing, and possibly ArcGIS Open Data​ to help in data distribution...although ArcGIS online will also work for this. 

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Muqit,

> I want to develop a web based data portal for geodatas thus users can share layers, maps to each other and in groups. Users can view data , edit data and save data through this portal.

Just to add onto Rebecca's reply, based on your comment above - I think you are looking for ArcGIS Online - which is a "portal" that enables easy access for your end users to all of your GIS data and maps. It also provides a map-centric content management system-like user experience for data sharing and collaboration.

Learn more here:

What is ArcGIS Online?—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

Alternatively, since you have ArcGIS 10.3. for Server, you also have Portal for ArcGIS - which also provides a similar user experience to ArcGIS Online. Learn more here:

What is Portal for ArcGIS?—Portal for ArcGIS (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server

Hope this helps,