Chart widget setup to create line graph for single point feature showing multiple attribute fields

01-04-2022 02:46 AM
BrandonWotachek
New Contributor III

I am building a web app in which one of the point features I am displaying are groundwater monitoring wells with multiple attribute fields at each location with a water level.  I am looking to set-up a widget, which I think needs to be the chart widget to show a line graph of all water levels as a line graph.  I have tried multiple ways to setup the chart widget but cannot get the result I am looking for.  Can anyone provide me some insight on how to do this.  I want the user to be able to click on a well location using a widget, which I think is the chart widget and then see a line graph where each vertex on the line graph corresponds to an attribute field which contains a water elevation from a specific date.  So basically a time series graph.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello Brandon,

Not sure what steps you have taken so far, but have you followed the parameters listed here:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/web-appbuilder/create-apps/widget-chart.htm 

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
BrandonWotachek
New Contributor III

Amanda, 

Yes, followed the steps there.  Finally selected the right combo of options to get a line graph.  My other question is how do I get the values to appear in the order they are in the attribute table?  The only options I see are sort by label or sort by value.  I want neither.  I want to display in the same order they are in the attribute table for those I selected I want to include in my line graph.  I need them do display oldest value to most recent, left to right.

I have the attribute fields as such:  GWE_Q4_2014, GWE_Q1_2015, GWE_Q2_2015.... They are in the order I want them in the attribute field but when I select by value it does not put them in that order.  I hope I do not have to change the attribute field names.

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

I think your worst fear is true.  It may be sorting them based on the attribute field names.  

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos