Changes made to layer styles not appearing in WAB

Jump to solution
01-17-2018 04:48 PM
PhilBeilin1
Occasional Contributor

Hello!

I have an app made in WAB using the Jewelry Box theme. 

Some of the style changes I am making in the Web Map are not appearing in the application.

One point layer has only some labels showing up correctly. 

legend item

This is what I have it set as in the Web Map. In the App in my edit panel they show up as Black, Red, and Trapped. in the Legend they show up as Dead, Immediate, and Delayed. 

My polygon layer has these for styles, but in the application it is only showing the older styles.  

This is what it looks like in the App. If you can't see this image I've added it as an attachment.

I tried opening my app in different browsers and nothing changed. 

I'm not sure what's going on! Help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Phil,

Sounds like you forgot to update your edit template for that layer back in ArcMap where this map service comes from. You know when you in ArcMap you click on the edit menu on the editor toolbar and choose Editing Windows > Create Features then at the top of the Create Features window there is an Organize Templates button.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Phil,

Sounds like you forgot to update your edit template for that layer back in ArcMap where this map service comes from. You know when you in ArcMap you click on the edit menu on the editor toolbar and choose Editing Windows > Create Features then at the top of the Create Features window there is an Organize Templates button.

StevenE
New Contributor III

Hi Robert, 

If you don't mind, could you elaborate on this process if possible? I have never had this issue until now, and I have never had to organize the templates to get changes to show in the WAB. In my case, I added a new group layer with 3 feature classes to a service, and did an overwrite. The changes are reflected in the web map, but not in the WAB. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Steven,

Here is the help doc on that:

Creating new feature templates—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos