Change order or contents of the action bar in a popup

Jump to solution
11-22-2017 09:43 AM
RobMcCulley
New Contributor III

I've created a custom widget, and followed this to add a feature action.  The widget takes a single attribute value from the featureSet, and makes an AJAX call, and displays the resulting information in the panel.

Everything works perfectly, except for my feature action is last on the list of action bar items, so I always have to click the three-dot menu to access it.  I'd like to either make my custom widget the first item on the action bar, or the only item on the action bar so that it is always visible.

This is what it currently looks like:

and this is a photoshop of what I'd like it to look like:

How can I accomplish this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rob,

A custom action will always be inside the action menu popup and never in the same location as the zoomto item. To get a link link you are wanting you need to go a different route.

Here are two threads where I have addressed your needed route:

Geoprocessing Link in Popup WAB 

https://community.esri.com/thread/193180-gp-link-in-popup-panel-widget 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rob,

A custom action will always be inside the action menu popup and never in the same location as the zoomto item. To get a link link you are wanting you need to go a different route.

Here are two threads where I have addressed your needed route:

Geoprocessing Link in Popup WAB 

https://community.esri.com/thread/193180-gp-link-in-popup-panel-widget 

RobMcCulley
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert, your first example worked perfectly.  Now I've I got a different problem. If the popup includes more than one feature, the link shows for all features, and it only includes the data for the first one.

For example:

Popup 1

This feature should have the "More Info" link, and it works as expected.  Then,

Popup 2

This feature shouldn't have the "More Info" link, and then,

Popup 3

This feature should have the "More Info" link.  Unfortunately, the way things are right now, the "More Info" link on this one opens the info from the first feature.

Is there any way to have the "More Info" link update for each feature in the popup?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
RobMcCulley
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert - that worked perfectly!!

0 Kudos