Change copyright text webapp builder

Jump to solution
09-25-2018 02:59 AM
MarkCooper5
Occasional Contributor II

Hi

We have an app created from a map which has multiple services in it. All services will have the Ordnance Survey referenced in the credits as it is derived from their data, or will have open data copyright statements in. This means in maps with multiple services, there will be duplication of copyright on the map and app.

Is there a way in WAB to hardcode the copyright data and not have it pick up from the service?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mark,

You should avoid this... But here is how.

In the MapManager.js _checkAppState function add lines 2 and 3.

What I am doing here is changing the text in the first attribution element to 'blah blah'

_checkAppState: function() {
        var spanList = query('.esriAttributionList');
        spanList[0].children[0].innerHTML = 'blah blah' + '<span class="esriAttributionDelim"> | </span>;';‍‍‍

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mark,

You should avoid this... But here is how.

In the MapManager.js _checkAppState function add lines 2 and 3.

What I am doing here is changing the text in the first attribution element to 'blah blah'

_checkAppState: function() {
        var spanList = query('.esriAttributionList');
        spanList[0].children[0].innerHTML = 'blah blah' + '<span class="esriAttributionDelim"> | </span>;';‍‍‍
0 Kudos
MarkCooper5
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks - I will give it a go.

I agree, I don't really want to do it this way, but from a customer point of view, they don't want to see the same copyright statement duplicated lots of times, as it looks very unprofessional.

The only other way I can see would be to publish the most of the services without the information, which runs the risk of those services getting used elsewhere without the copyright on at all.

What it really needs is some way of only showing unique information, so if the copyright is duplicated in multiple services, it will only display it once, but I doubt that is even possible!!

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mark,

Did this work for you?

0 Kudos