Cannot turn labels off in web map

08-30-2018 02:15 PM
MichelleTanner
New Contributor III

I am building a web app for a client of ours. Pretty simple - I just want to display a map with a few different layers and some predetermined queries. For some reason, I cannot remove the labels for some layers.

I click on 'Manage Labels' and uncheck the box. my web map has no labels displaying, which is what I want.

However, when I launch the web app in Web AppBuilder, the labels still display for those layers!! Is there really no way to change that? Shouldn't the web app reflect the most current web map?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michelle,

Did you save your changes in the web map? Have you tried referencing a different web ma in your app and setting it back to the original? I just tested this and made sure to clear my browsers cache and it worked fine for me.

0 Kudos
MichelleTanner
New Contributor III

Yes, I've saved my changes in the web map multiple times, cleared my web browser cache, etc. 

If I reference a different web map in the app, won't it remove all the queries and filters that I've configured? I'd rather not do that just yet..

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michelle,

Yes remove the webmap would affect any widget you have using layer in that web map. It is strange because I tried to replicate what you are seing by turning on labeling for a layer that one of my apps is using and it labeled that layer. Then I turned them off like you did and save the web map and used Ctrl + F5 (which is a browser command to refresh and ignore cache). and I di not have any label in the app any more.

0 Kudos
MichelleTanner
New Contributor III

Ugh, very weird. The only thing I can think of is the fact that I uploaded these layers from ArcGIS Pro to ArcGIS Online. It may have contained the labels when I uploaded the feature service?

Still doesn't make sense because the labels are off in the web map 

0 Kudos
MichelleTanner
New Contributor III

Is there a way to disable ALL labels in the web app? I don't really need labels at all. 

thanks!

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

is it a map service or feature service

0 Kudos