Can you share apps made with the WAB developer addition?

01-10-2017 12:46 PM
MatthewKalcich
Occasional Contributor

Can you share an application made with WAB for developer addition through AGOL organizational account groups? The same way you would share an application made on AGOL with other organizations.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Matt,

When you create a web app with Web AppBuilder Developer Edition, by default it is hosted on the same machine as where you have Developer Edition installed. Typically, you would take the web app and host it on your own web server - where you can make it publicly accessible or enable security.

In your ArcGIS Online organization, you can add your web app by registering it as a new item on the My Contents page. The web app is still hosted on your own web server, but it is now discoverable within your ArcGIS Online organization. And like any other item, you can share and use it in groups within the organization.

Hope this helps,

MatthewKalcich
Occasional Contributor

Hi Derek,

Thanks,

That is exactly what I wanted to know.

I had one other question.

In this specific instance this application would be a public facing application. But for future needs can you do the same thing with application that use secured feature services? I think I had issues with this in the past.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Matt,

> can you do the same thing with application that use secured feature services?

I am pretty sure this should be possible. I suppose it would depend on how the feature services were secured (e.g., how security was set on them in ArcGIS Online, or on the GIS Server they belong to).

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos