Can't export Query result to CSV in the AttributeTable widget

06-19-2019 05:53 PM
simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Export to CSV function is not working in the Attribute Table widget when the table is the result of a query from the Query Widget. I tested this in ArcGIS Online.

Here is what I did:

1. Add Query widget in your web application using WAB.
  2. Show the Query result in Attribute table (assume it is allow to be displayed in Attribute Table )
  3. In the Attribute Table , Select the option of Export All to CSV (assume the allow exporting to CSV is checked for Attribute Table)
  4. Click OK on the Export to CSV dialogue box, and nothing happens and in the browser console, you see errors.

Is it a bug for the Attribute Table widget? 

Note: I've posted this in Web AppBuilder Custom Widget space as well, because this happens in both the built-in WAB and WAB Developer Edition, to better understand the cause you need to understand the code which the Custom Widget space deals with. It's hard to decide which space it belongs, it would be good if we can select more than one places when asking a question.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

It's a bug.

BUG-000123249 - Exporting an attribute table to a CSV from a Query layer created via the Query Widget in Web App Builder fails, returning no error message.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah yes indeed, I can confirm it fails for me as well in 2.12. Thank you for filing the bug report.

0 Kudos
JeremyWolff
New Contributor II

So did this bug get fixed since it appeared back in 2018?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The bug is still here.  I tested it right now by creating a WAB app directly in ArcGIS Online. The app in Console reports its env.js is deployVersion = '2.15';

Still nothing Exports from the Attribute Table. 

Error in console says:

Widget.js?wab_dv=2.15:82 Error exporting CSV for Attribute Table 

This is just a random junk app with a junk layer.-    ExportQueryTestApp   

Hit 'Apply' Query, then 'Open in Attribute Table' on the '...' menu. Lastly, click 'Export to CSV' in the Attribute Table.   Bug happens.

0 Kudos