Can't add any layers in WebApp Developer Edition

11-09-2017 08:40 AM
LETITIAKING-BRANCH
New Contributor II

Hello 

I've been having an issues with loading my layers in WebApp Developer Edition. When I load my map it states in can't load my layers.  I was trying to use the enhanced search widget but I think my first issue is the error I received when loading the map.  

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Letitia,

How is the layer buildings being added to the map? Is is part of the webmap? Is the layer secured? Is the webmap shared publicly?

0 Kudos
LETITIAKING-BRANCH
New Contributor II

Robert  I just looked at the layer with ArcGIS Online Assistant  and the only difference in the one that works is the port number 6080 is in the layer; in class I have version 10.5.1 arcmap. I'm going to try it with my work desktop which is 10.3.1. I'm not sure how that port number is added to that service.   How is the layer buildings being added to the map? as a map service with only that building layer. Is is part of the webmap? yes.  Is the layer secured? no Is the webmap shared publicly? yes  That didn't work because work isn't public. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Letitia,

The port number of :6080 at the end of the url means that you are not going through the Web Adaptor (which you really do not want to do).

0 Kudos
LETITIAKING-BRANCH
New Contributor II

Yes that's the internal port; so I'm not sure why its not using the web adaptor.  I'm creating it from desktop and publishing; the database is registered to server.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Letitia,

I'm creating it from desktop and publishing; the database is registered to server.

That part really has nothing to do with it. So once you publish the service to server it can be accessed using the Web Adaptor url or the non-web adaptor url like you currently have (i.e. the use of :6080).

0 Kudos
LETITIAKING-BRANCH
New Contributor II

So what should be the process to publish to a service to WebApp Developer Edition?  Does it have to be a feature service, hosted service, or map service?  

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Letitia,

That is irrelevant to WAB. You just add the map service to a WebMap on AGOL/Portal and any of those types will work.

0 Kudos
LETITIAKING-BRANCH
New Contributor II

Robert I got the map to load with the hosted layer but I didn't get the enhanced search to work with it.  

0 Kudos
rgomes
by
New Contributor III

Just create a webmap inside ArcGIS Online or Portal adding your published map services. You add to Web Application Builder just the webmap and the reference to the individual layers are done by the layer id inside the webmap.

Atenciosamente,

Rafael Gomes

Em 9 de nov de 2017, à(s) 17:29, LETITIA KING-BRANCH <geonet@esri.com> escreveu:

GeoNet

Re: Can't add any layers in WebApp Developer Edition

reply from LETITIA KING-BRANCH in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS - View the full discussion

So what should be the process to publish to a service to WebApp Developer Edition? Does it have to be a feature service, hosted service, or map service?

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on GeoNet

Start a new discussion in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS by email or at GeoNet

Following Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by GeoNet because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from GeoNet, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

0 Kudos