Crowdsource reporter Search bar

11-09-2017 04:06 AM
TroyDawson
New Contributor II

Greetings ALL,

I have created a web application using the crowdsource reporter. The application is used to identify business services that are currently open for business as we have just been structed with a major Hurricane. I currently have a building feature layer that has business name information which will be used as reference for searching business names. The application will allow the general public to add their businesses and operational hours. I have two (2) questions regarding the crowdsource reporter (ArcGIS online):

1. Can I remove the default search (see crowdsource attachment below) and replace it with a search created from Webappbuilder (see attached)?
  2. Can I remove the Esri World Geocoder search from the crowdsource reporter search so that only the results for the feature search displays in the search? And if so, how?

Looking forward to some great solutions.

Thanks in advance#

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Troy,

Both apps use JS API and the JS API Search Dijit. They are just configured differently. Yes with mods to the apps source code you can make them look and behave identically. No you can not just copy and paste the search widget from WAB in the crowd source app. Yes when you find the portion of code in the crowd source app that set the Search dijits sources you can remove the Esri World Geocoder.

0 Kudos
TroyDawson
New Contributor II

Hey Robert,

Received with thanks. Thanks for the quick response! Can you walk me through the process or direct me to some resources for mods to the apps source code to make the look and behave identically to what you described above? Additionally,  please direct to where I can find the portion of code in the crowd source app that set the Search dijits sources so that I can remove the Esri World Geocoder.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Troy,

I am a JS developer but I have not worked specifically with the crowd source app and the changes you are wanting. So I don't have exact steps and file locations.

0 Kudos