can i use a custom bookmark widget in another web app

04-01-2019 01:58 PM
ValerieHanson
New Contributor III

I created a custom bookmark with photos and extents for the user to quickly zoom to various facility locations in WebAppBuilder Developer.  I'd like to use this bookmark widget in several additional web map applications.  Do I have to manually duplicate this widget each time?  Can I find the app id (its #33),  go to that app folder then the widget folder, copy the Bookmark widget and paste it into another widget folder of a new app?

I read somewhere to add it as an application extension (Appbuilder).  I went to the application file on my local machine where WAB Developer is installed and tried to add this url - - -  https://localhost:3344/webappbuilder/?id=33/widgets/Bookmark/manifest.json to no avail.  Everything is internal only here.

Thanks much!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Valerie,

The json file that is the configuration for the widget resides in the apps configs folder so you need to copy the folder too. i.e. [instal dir]\server\apps\[app#]\configs\eBookmark

ValerieHanson
New Contributor III

Thank you for your quick reply there Robert.  My apologies in advance. I am a knucklehead at this.  

So it appears the "...apps/app#/widgets" folder will always have the default Bookmark widget in it whether its used in the application or not. 

To verify, all i need is to copy the configs folder widget from app#33 to to the same place in the new app (#14) and it should show up when I open the edit version of the WAB Developer.  Can I rename it first to use it in other apps or will that weird everything out? 

Thanks so much -

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Valerie,

OK. To be sure here are the steps I would take to get the custom bookmarks you have setup in one app over to another (using the eBookmark widget).

1. Open the other application in WAB Dev you want the eBookmark widget in.
  2. Add the eBookmark widget to this app.
  3. Make some sort of change in the eBookmark setting dialog (add a bookmark or folder, it does not matter as this will not be used for long).
  4. Save the changes to the app you made in the previous steps.
  5. Copy the [instal dir]\server\apps\[app#]\configs\eBookmark folder from the original app into the new app.
  6. Refresh your web browser (Ctrl +F5). now the new app should have the EbOkkmark widget and the same bookmarks you configured in the other app.
0 Kudos