Can I remove layers from my LayerList in a WAB created map?

Jump to solution
03-16-2015 01:31 PM
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

I have had to replicate, duplicate, and masticate (it means chew, people) several layers on a web map in order to get them to show up like the clients want them to be shown.

However, now I have a LayerList that is obnoxious with repetitive layers.

Can I remove layers from the LayerList?

And how?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MathiasDOLIDON
New Contributor III

The first place to look at may be your webmap's JSON : http://www.arcgis.com/sharing/content/items/178fc074fc784f5cadd5eba053e73b30/data?f=pjson

Search for "id" and you'll see the ids assigned to map services and feature layers that you added explicitely. For example : IOT_234.

If adressing a layer inside a map service, add _X where X is the layer's id within the service. For example : IOT_234_0

Your particular case has :

IOT_1553 : bridge replacement zoom out

IOT_1553_8354 : bridge replacement zoom in

IOT_1318 : bridge rehabilitation zoom out

IOT_1318_5629 : bridge rehabilitation zoom in

IOT_234 : improve our Tulsa

IOT_234_0 : major street labels

IOT_234_1 : project details

IOT_234_7...

Your best bet may be to store the exclude list within a new property inside the layer list widget's config file. Then you patch where I said, checking whether the id belongs to the configured list.

View solution in original post

52 Replies
AmandaBishop
Occasional Contributor

Hello Brian,

Yes, you can remove layers in a web map.

Go to the "Content" tab in the Details section to the left.  Click on the arrow next to the layer and choose "Remove Layer".

Hope this helps.

Amanda

BrianO_keefe

I need the layer to STILL show up in the map... just NOT in the LAYERLIST.

0 Kudos
AmandaBishop
Occasional Contributor

Not sure on how to achieve that!

0 Kudos
RobWaller
New Contributor III

Are you able to do this? In my webmap I only see 'Remove' on the top level map service item. On each layer I only see 'Hide in Legend', but that doesn't remove the layer from the webmap. Is there a way to remove a single layer from a map service added to the webmap?

0 Kudos
MathiasDOLIDON
New Contributor III

Hi Brian. Had a similar need. I patched the LayerList widget for it. Don't know if your use case allows that.

File : LayerListView.js

At the beginning of method drawListNode, I added :

if(layerInfo.id ~~~ matches as an id you want to hide) { return; }
JuneAcosta

I need to make this change to my layer list as well. Can I just download the map I created or do I have to install the developer version of the WAB?

0 Kudos
MathiasDOLIDON
New Contributor III

There would be quite a lot of tinkering involved. As soon as you intend to move away from the core functionalities, your workflow will probably always be much more straightforward using the developer edition from the front up. Create your app around your map, save, patch the widget in the resulting app, and you're done.

JuneAcosta

Do we need to run ArcGIS for Portal when using the developer edition onsite?

MathiasDOLIDON
New Contributor III

No. You download it and you're good to go, no portal involved for the Dev edition. Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

However you will need an ArcGIS Online organization or developper account, that'll be used by the builder for authentication if nothing else.