Batch geocoding and routing in web app

03-28-2019 05:29 AM
MarkCooper5
Occasional Contributor II

Hi

We want teams that go on lots of site visits to use AGOL to upload addresses from a spreadsheet, geocode them and create an optimised route for the visits. This can be done by uploading data to My Content  and then go into a web map to create the routing. This can then be passed to Navigator. However, this method is  over complicated for a non-GIS user.

I would like to do this in a web app and can add the routing widget without an issue. The closest I have got for the batch geocoding is using the Data Aggregation widget, which allows you to upload a csv file and geocode it (and handle unmatched data) The results are appended to a point layer in the map and a temporary layer is created to show the points of just this batch. However, when trying to run the routing, it cannot see this temporary layer, just the one which the points have been appended to, which may contain lots of past geocoding batches. Is there a widget like the data aggregator that can upload a file and geocode it, saving it as an individual layer? If not, is there another way this can be done?

Many thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kiran_Rupali
New Contributor II

did you find a solution or workaround for this problem? I am looking for a similar solution.

0 Kudos
MarkCooper5
Occasional Contributor II

unfortunately not as yet

0 Kudos