Batch Attribute Editor - functionality question

Jump to solution
12-07-2015 06:31 PM
StuartGrey1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am currently using the Batch Attribute Editor widget  and I am very impressed with it. I am just wondering if it can do a couple of things that maybe I'm missing?

1. Can the point select tool be used to select multiple (different) features at one time? I realise you can do this with polygon select and others but was more wondering about the point select.

2. Can you have current non-editable attributes shown as grey outed on the pop up once you have selected a feature?

Derek Law

Regards,

Stuart Grey

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Stuart,

Correct the functionality does not exist and these would be enhancement requests for the ideas page.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Stuart,

Are you making enhancement requests or asking for ideas on coding changes to make this happen using WAB Developer version?

If they are enhancement requests then you need to add them to the ideas site (which is the official way to make enhancement requests).

StuartGrey1
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply

I guess it was a bit of both, am I missing something? or if functionality doesn't exist, then I'll raise it as potential improvements. Unfortunately I'm not in a situation to use WAB developer version to make it happen.

I'll happily channel these to the ideas site because judging by the lack of response, it's more likely the functionality doesn't exist.

Cheers

Stuart Grey

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Stuart,

Correct the functionality does not exist and these would be enhancement requests for the ideas page.

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Stuart,

Agree with Robert's posts. Please submit your enhancement requests for Web AppBuilder on the

Esri Arcgis Ideas | Ideas Submission Portal  site.

Thanks,

StuartGrey1
New Contributor III

Hi Derek,

Done!

On a side note - thanks for being so accessible on here to provide information surrounding WAB, been a very big help.

Regards,

Stuart Grey

StuartGrey1
New Contributor III

Derek Law

Hi Derek,

Was there any particular reason why the option for Select by Query: 'Select features by querying for a value and update all that match the value' was not included in the WAB Batch Attribute Editor release, yet it was included in the ArcGIS Solutions Web AppBuilder Widgets (http://solutions.arcgis.com/shared/help/solutions-webappbuilder-widgets/get-started/configure-batch-...)? You wouldn't happen to know if its being considered for future releases of the widget?

I know that this should be raised via the ideas channel if it's not coming but I thought I'd try on here. Being able to bulk change attributes via a selection is a major need for my clients using my web mapping application.

Regards,

Stuart Grey

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Stuart,

With the addition of the filtering per layer, we felt that option was need required anymore.  We are open to adding it back, so if you would like to see the select by query, please log an enhancement request on the support site or create an idea on the ideas sites.  We are also in the planning stages of a new widget that will allow you to filter many layers with one value.  So by using these two widgets, you may be able to produce the same results. 

StuartGrey1
New Contributor III

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the very informative reply. I guess I'll probably wait it out for the new widget, especially if it's going to produce the same result. Can you possibly give me a very rough timeline on when that widget may be released?

The whole basis for me asking the original question is that from what I've tried and read one cannot edit attributes in a feature service in a non-spatial way in WAB. Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong?

Cheers

Stuart

0 Kudos