Attributes not showing in web app attribute table

Jump to solution
05-21-2018 02:04 PM
WeatherDecision_Technologies
New Contributor

In my webapp builder application (I'm using WebApp Developer edition 2.7), I am querying a set of points that intersect a set of polygons.  I can display and toggle the intersecting points in my web app map using the layer list widget. However, the attributes of the point sub-set are not showing in the attribute table.  Thanks in advance for any insight and advice.

Cheers,

DeWayne

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

What happen when you toggle the "Filter by Extent" button in the AT Widget?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

DeWayne,

So when you say you are 

querying a set of points that intersect a set of polygons.

Are you using some widget to do this? If so which?

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hello, Robert.

Yes, I am using widget that comprises snippets from other widgets and code samples as well as my own code derived from the AG AG JS docs.  I am using AG API for JS 3.24 for all of my development.  As it turns out, I started with the AddShapefile widget which you kindly provided - https://community.esri.com/thread/161017?commentID=530113#comment-530113.  I then incorporated code from creating feature layers from client side graphics (Create a FeatureLayer with client side graphics | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.7).  The workflow comprises  querying a secured feature layer (polygon feature type) from my own AG Server and then looping through each point from my uploaded shapefile to see if they are contained in a polygon.  I then create graphics followed by a feature collection which is then used to generate a feature layer.  

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers,

DeWayne

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

DeWayne,

So it is the FeatureLayer result created from a FeatureCollecton that you want to open in the AT Widget?

0 Kudos
New Contributor

That is actually a good question.  Opening in the attribute table widget just might be the ticket, although I have not examined the AT widget that closely yet.  For the moment, I would at least like to see the attribute data from my feature layer result in my web app that I'm creating, and then, yes, perhaps display the resulting featureLayer in the AT widget which I think would give me control of the resulting table regarding color coded cells, font, sorting, etc.  In the graphic below, the blue balloons on the map represent the uploaded points and the red circles indicate those points that are within a polygon of interest.  So no problem visualizing the original point data that I upload and the intersecting points on a map.  The points_test table contains the point features (blue balloons) that I uploaded to my application.  All looks good there.  However, the graphicsLayer5 table (circled red) is empty. 

Best.... DeWayne

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

DeWayne,

So is there an error in your browsers web console? It is strange for you to see the graphics on the map and have the tab added to the AT Widget but not have any rows listed there.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

I didn't have any errors before, but to make sure I ran the process once again on the latest polygon feature layer and I do not have any errors.  All appears to be running as expected.  Both the uploaded points and the intersected points are displaying great in my map application but the resulting table is empty.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

What happen when you toggle the "Filter by Extent" button in the AT Widget?

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Sorry, Robert.  I'm not using the AT widget.... only a heavily modified AddShapefile widget.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

???. In your screen shots you are showing the AT Widget (meaning Attribute Table Widget) and you even circles the tabs in the AT Widget.

0 Kudos