Attribute Table Widget of web app builder does not show coded values

Jump to solution
07-20-2016 09:22 PM
DeepikaJain1
New Contributor

Hey Buddies

I am working on web app builder 1.3 and have configured attribute table widget, it works fine but shows the values of coded domains in all the layer's fields as undefined.

Any ideas would be of great help!

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Actually you can try Moving Content  instead of recreating it. (or ask and one of us can do it for you)  However, my guess is the suggestion there will be to upgrade to the latest too.  Better chance to get timely responses/help from users developing widgets themselves.  Some of the widgets you created might already have one available in 2.x....see Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List​ for a list of currently shared widgets.

Also, checkout, Posting Code blocks in Esri GeoNet​ so others can better read your code blocks.  (really important with Python, fyi).

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Deepika,

We've fixed several bugs with coded values and the Attribute Table widget since the Web AppBuilder Developer Edition v1.3 release. Can you please upgrade and use Developer Edition v2.1?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
DeepikaJain1
New Contributor

Hi Derek

Many thanks for the information, however I am actually customizing the application and have created many custom widgets in it, its difficult to upgrade. What I am actually doing is:

Req: Need to push Identify results into attribute table widget

Approach: Create a feature layer from features identifies in map based on layer selected by user and pushed that layer into attribute table.

Issues: most of the attributes do not display the values and second is it shows coded values in attribute table as undefind

0 Kudos
DeepikaJain1
New Contributor

Hi Derek

just 1 more update, I configured the attribute table widget in web app builder 1.3 and it seems to show all the values, however when I am customizing it and pushing a feature layer over it, then its showing up...

here's the piece of code:

//get the features from response and make a feature layer out of it

(var i = 0; i < response.length; i++) {

var feature = response.feature;

var featureSet = new FeatureSet();

var featureCollection = {

null

this.featureLayer = new FeatureLayer(featureCollection);

for (var i = 0; i < features.length; i++) {

this.featureLayer.add(features);

}

this._addOperationalLayer(this.featureLayer);

//push the feature layer into attribute table

this.updateResultPanel(this.featureLayer);

//gets the attribute table object from widget manager and pushes the layer

(this.wManager) {

var widgetCfg = this._getWidgetConfig('AttributeTable');

if (widgetCfg) {

var attWidget = this.wManager.getWidgetByLabel(widgetCfg.label);

if (attWidget) {

this.attTableOpenedbySearch = !attWidget.showing;

this.wManager.openWidget(attWidget);

this, this._openBufferResultInTable, currentLayer));

//creates the layerobject and binds it to attribute table widget

function (currentLayer) {

var aLayer = {

function () {

var def = new Deferred();

if (this.layerObject) {

this.layerObject);

else {

"layerObject is null");

return def;

if (!Object.create) {

function (proto, props) {

if (typeof props !== "undefined") {

throw "The multiple-argument version of Object.create is not provided by this browser and cannot be shimmed.";

function ctor() { }

return new ctor();

this.publishData({

'target': 'AttributeTable',

'layer': Object.create(aLayer)

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Deepika,

It might be more worthwhile to migrate your custom code to the latest Web AppBuilder release, instead of trying to debug your code on an older release, which may have some known issues. But your call.

I am not a JavaScript developer and am not able to assist with checking your custom code. Please try re-posting your question in this forum,

Web AppBuilder Custom Widgets

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Actually you can try Moving Content  instead of recreating it. (or ask and one of us can do it for you)  However, my guess is the suggestion there will be to upgrade to the latest too.  Better chance to get timely responses/help from users developing widgets themselves.  Some of the widgets you created might already have one available in 2.x....see Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List​ for a list of currently shared widgets.

Also, checkout, Posting Code blocks in Esri GeoNet​ so others can better read your code blocks.  (really important with Python, fyi).