Attribute Table and Query widget results not showing domain description when using map service

Jump to solution
05-20-2021 05:42 PM
fshih
by
New Contributor II

When using a map service layer that is not published along with a feature service, WAB Attribute Table and Query widget results will not display the domain description, it will only show the domain code.  Is there a way to get the domain description to show when using a map service layer? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShelleySchott
Esri Contributor

@fshih , this is exactly what I have experienced in a recent Utility Network implementation. Either all the descriptions were seen or none. I had set the number to a crazy amount (99000000) which has solved the issue (for now).

It worked for me using a map service without feature access.  

Shelley Schott
Senior Consultant, Esri Australia

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ShelleySchott
Esri Contributor

@fshih , there is an option in server manager where you can set the maximum number of coded domain descriptions which are returned in the service. The default value is 25,000. If you have more records than 25000 in the service which require you to view the descriptions of, you need to up this number.

Here is where you set this setting (Help Link😞 

ShelleySchott_0-1621566541861.png

Shelley Schott
0 Kudos
fshih
by
New Contributor II

Shelley, Thanks for your help!  I do have the maximum number of coded domain set to 25,000.  My issue is, not even one of them is returned, I just see the Domain Code instead.  It also behaves this way in the web map (see screenshot below, Asset Group and Asset Type displaying 1).  If I use a feature service or a map service with feature access, the domain description will display.  However, I had to publish only the map service in order to get layer grouping and complex symbology working.. Does it work for you if publish only the map service without feature access?

fshih_0-1621567599890.png

0 Kudos
ShelleySchott
Esri Contributor

@fshih , this is exactly what I have experienced in a recent Utility Network implementation. Either all the descriptions were seen or none. I had set the number to a crazy amount (99000000) which has solved the issue (for now).

It worked for me using a map service without feature access.  

Shelley Schott
fshih
by
New Contributor II

Thanks so much Shelley! You're right!! It is working for me  now.  I wouldn't have thought of that, even after you mentioned it the first time!

0 Kudos
ShelleySchott
Esri Contributor

No problem,

This took me while to troubleshoot this the first time we published a normalized map service of the utility network model 😆

Shelley Schott