Select to view content in your preferred language

Attachment Viewer

10-07-2019 01:24 PM
EricMoody1
New Contributor II

Is there any way to use a layer, other than a Hosted Feature Service in the Attachment Viewer application? We have several "working" layers created form our FGDBs that would be great to use in the Attachment Viewer apps, but can't be created as Hosted Feature Services....

13 Replies
RyanLibed
Esri Contributor

Hi Brian, 

I've created a sample app with the provided webmap and it looks like I was able to get this sample app working:

Attachment Viewer 

I've checked the developer console in the app you have provided and it looks like the layers are failing to load. The configurable apps team has looked into this further and it looks like the potential cause of the issue may be related to 'authorizedCrossOriginDomains'.

You may want to consider a tech support request with Esri Technical Support to see if the issues lies within the template app itself or the servers configured within your org. 

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi Sarah McDonald‌, MDT Montana et al - sadly the attachment viewer will not work with collaborated-by-reference feature layers either.  I have several portal hosted feature layers containing attachments that we collaborate over to our agol org but the attachment viewer app will not recognize them as having attachments.  I believe a collaborated as-copy feature layer will work, but I have not tested it yet.  Looking forward to the app in Enterprise.

0 Kudos
PeterMacKenzie2
Occasional Contributor II

I have attempted to create an attachment viewer app using a ArcGIS Feature Service (hosted in SDE). I have this error.
Data is an ArcGIS Server Feature Service i.e. https://thegis...FeatureServer/0 

Any idea why this error or how could I check supportsQueryAttachments is true ?

PeterMacKenzie2
Occasional Contributor II

sigh! I might have just uncovered the answer to my question - this site reports it needs to be 10.8 or greater feature service

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=3ce375a56ed145bfa5e2214e2ad8983d