ArcOnline: Get intersecting feature info to pop up from address search?

02-10-2016 10:21 AM
deleted-user-LNABNwA5CZcD
New Contributor III

I am trying to configure a simple search, and I'm sure there's a way to do this, but I can't figure it out with the Finder App or any others.

My goal is to perform a search by address, and then instead of a popup with that address, I'd like for the intersecting feature info to automatically pop up. One place I'm trying to achieve this is with a water basin HUC shapefile. So, if someone enters an address, there will be a popup with a couple of fields (Basin Name, HUC8 Number).

Right now, the search zooms into the address. Of course, loading the feature takes a bit, and then the person would have to click on the screen (the features are orders of magnitude larger than address parcels) to get feature info to pop up.

Ideally, I'd like to allow people to directly search for the basin name out of the same search bar. If the search cannot be configured how I want, this would at least make it clearer to click on the feature to get a popup with info.

I'd also like to tweak the scale to which the zoom occurs when a search is performed. Right now, it's overkill.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Spencer,

This has been asked before (at least the first part of your question):

Tweak Geocoder Widget to Activate Layer Popup?

The last part of your question is addressed here:

How do I control how close the map zooms when using search widget

0 Kudos
deleted-user-LNABNwA5CZcD
New Contributor III

That first link isn't quite answered.

Really on both of these, I'm sure that within an existing Web App (Information?), there must be a simple way to configure all this. Some of the Web Apps have text that doesn't even appear to have been written by a native English speaker (incomplete sentences, poor grammar, etc).

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Spencer,

Ya, Sorry I did not say it was answered. What you are wanting is not something that is configurable in WAB. It will take custom code to accomplish.

0 Kudos