App Builder filter problem

06-11-2018 01:28 AM
ABNMPR
by
New Contributor

In the app builder application, when applying a filter using the "is not" condition yields wrong results. It works exactly how "is" works. For example I have A and B entries in the field and I say filter this field and show what "IS NOT" A. It should show me only the B entries in the map but it does the opposite. If I try to use the condition "is" it again shows the A entries which is correct in this case. So "is" and "is not" yield the same results.

I tested it in the web map and it works correctly there, so I guess it is a problem with the web apps.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I see the issue you are mentioning. I was able to get it to work properly if I set Case sensitive in the Query widget setting for that expression. You should call esri tech support and log a bug for this.

ABNMPR
by
New Contributor

It tells me I cannot use case sensitive in hosted features..

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

OK. So there is no workaround for you then. You need to report this immediately so it can be addressed in the next release.

0 Kudos
ABNMPR
by
New Contributor

I'm still curious because from what I understand from you first reply is that you managed to use filtering on a layer that was not hosted (since you used case sensitive option). But filtering does not work on non-hosted layers in the first place. Isn't that right? How did you do that?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I was able to filter an esri sample server service using the Case sensitive checkbox and the Is not operator.

0 Kudos