Anyone else having issues with the insert images button not working?

11-22-2017 12:46 PM
NathanielRoth1
New Contributor III

Using Chrome (Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)) in both AGOL and Web AppBuilder Developer edition the "insert image" buttons no longer open a navigation menu. Anyone else run into this, or have a solution?

I've made sure that it's not something as simple as a popup blocker (tried it with popup blocking off completely as well as adding exceptions). 

24 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nathaniel,

When you say insert image where exactly are you talking about in WAB? I tested with that version of Chrome and am able to browser for images when setting the apps logo and defining a different image for a widgets icon.

0 Kudos
NathanielRoth1
New Contributor III

Hi Robert (and others),

I'm trying to use the "Insert Image" button within the text formatting windows for many of the widgets such as the "About" and "Splash" widgets. When I click on the little icon for adding an image, nothing happens.I don't see any messages coming up in the js console that would lead me towards a cause.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nathaniel,

OK I tested both (Splash and About) using the insert image button and the open dialog in Chrome came up just fine.

Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)

0 Kudos
NathanielRoth1
New Contributor III

Thank you, That's about what I expected.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue running Windows 10 and the most recent version of Chrome. IE also didn't work when clicking the "Insert Image" button, nothing launches. In IE the option "Paste From Word" worked better as the image showed up properly. In Chrome only the text displayed, the image was an empty box.

0 Kudos
NathanielRoth1
New Contributor III

I found that it did work for me in the most recent version of Firefox, while chrome remains a problem.

0 Kudos
KateMajchrzak__MDE_
New Contributor II

I too am having issues with the insert image in the splash screen widget, I am using Chrome Version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit) on a Windows 10 OS, it will not work in IE or Firefox either, however, if I test on a machine with a Windows 7 OS it works fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tested this on versions 2.5-2.8 of WAB

Kate

0 Kudos
PaigeGebhardt
New Contributor II

The Insert Image button will not work for me on either Chrome or Firefox. Are there any updates on this problem?

0 Kudos
MahanyLindquist
New Contributor

Any updates on this one? I tried the Insert Image in the "About" widget but it's not working for Chrome, Firefox, and IE. Also, the "Paste from Word" did not work for me. I had no issue with this feature before so just wondering what's going on.

0 Kudos