Anyone build a data extractor?

06-30-2015 02:37 PM
TylerDunn2
Occasional Contributor

Anyone build a data extractor where you can queryor select a group of addresses and export the result as a csv to the user desktop?

Example. A cities address points that have their respective subdivision name in the table. User can select by polygon, or select using a query on a subdivision name to pull up all the addresses in that subdivision. Then export them as a csv to their desktop.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tyler,

This is currently possible using the eSearch. When you define your search layer choose to add it as an operational layer and then make sure you have the attribute table widget on as well and you can export the search results from the attribute table widget to csv.

TylerDunn2
Occasional Contributor

I guess I should have specified in my initial question. I know eSearch is available in Flex, but is it available in JavaScript? I'm in the process of migrating all our webmaps from Flex to JavaScript.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I'm sure Robert knew you meant JS.  Are you using the Web applicaiton Builder for developers (WAB)?  He and many others have been hard at work creating widgets.  Check out the custom widgets that are available Web AppBuilder Developer Edition – Customization Resource List

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tyler,

Yes there is a WAB (JS) version of the eSearch available.

Enhanced Search Widget Version 1.1.8 - 6/10/15