Adopt A Catch Basin Solution Login Error: Unable to initialize security handler. Access not allowed request error code: 403

10-20-2020 01:52 PM
BryannaPaarmann
New Contributor II

I have deployed the Adopt a Catch Basin solution. I am able to sign up and receive an email. The link in the email works to login but if i try to login directly on the application I receive the following error:

Everything is shared publicly. Any thoughts as to why I am receiving this error?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndyShoemaker
Esri Contributor

Hi Briana, 

At first glance, I'd suspect there is an issue with permissions for the credentials embedded in the Webtool to update records in the usertable. 

Would it be possible for you to share a link to your app so I can take a peek?

Andy 

Andy Shoemaker
0 Kudos
BryannaPaarmann
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
AndyShoemaker
Esri Contributor

Thanks!

Looking at this a little closer, there is definitely a permissions issue.

From what it looks like, the data is hosted in ArcGIS Enterprise. Do the enterprise credentials embedded for reading the service have update capabilities? Since the service is publicly editable, you may not need the credentials embedded into the tool. 

I'd first check if you can edit the catch basins in ArcGIS Enterprise while signed in with the credentials you used in the tool. If you can't edit, that would be what is causing the hang up. 

If you can edit, it may be that the tool is attempting to apply permissions when editing that it doesn't need. At this point, I'd suggest republishing the tool with no credentials embedded and (don't delete the old one just incase).

Andy

Andy Shoemaker
0 Kudos
BryannaPaarmann
New Contributor II

I am allowed to edit the catch basins layer when I log in from the email. I have tried republishing the tool without credentials that did not seem to fix things. I will try again though.

Thanks,

Bryanna

0 Kudos
BryannaPaarmann
New Contributor II

I tried deleting everything and starting from scratch. I can now no longer sign up, but if I try to login with the email I used when running the GP tool before publishing I get a welcome back email sent to me that I can then login with.

0 Kudos