Adding other widget to not-removeable-onscreen-widgets-list

11-16-2017 05:52 AM
aishvaryvardhan
New Contributor III

How can we add any other widget apart from default widget to the "not-removeable-onscreen-widgets-list"

to the list.

I tried adding the widget to the config.json but was unable to get success, was facing the error "SyntaxError: Unexpected token C in JSON at position 0"

Any help on this is highly appreciated 

thanks in advance

Ash

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ash,

Those widget are inPanel equals false widgets and have to be added manually to the main config.json.

0 Kudos
aishvaryvardhan
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

I tried adding the widget to the config.json in the path "<Drive>:\<AppName>\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS\server\apps\2\config.json" but was unable to get success, was facing the error "SyntaxError: Unexpected token C in JSON at position 0".
Did you mean the config.json in "<Drive>:\<AppName>\confog.json". I tried adding there also, but its not reflection in the panel

Ash

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ash,

What widget are you trying to add? 

0 Kudos
aishvaryvardhan
New Contributor III

Robert,

legend

Thanks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ash,

That is not possible. I guess you have missed he part when I said it is a requirement for the widget to be inPanel false. All of the widget in the upper permanent widget section are widget that do not require panels to be added to the apps UI (i.e. inPanel = false). The Legend widget requires a panel.

aishvaryvardhan
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert,

Can you please give some example of the inPanel  and offPanel widget for some clairty so that I avoid making such mess

Thanks

Ash

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ash,

All the esri out of the box offPanle widgets are already listed there in WAB. There are a couple of custom on out there like the Local Layer widget, Map Progress Indicator Widget Version 2.5 - 08/10/17 , Zoom Previous NextAnvil Bookmarks, Anvil Maptips

0 Kudos