Adding functionality to InfoWindow with code

Jump to solution
12-21-2017 04:02 PM
JeffWilcox1
New Contributor III

Hi folks,

WebApp users in my organization have expressed interest in taking existing coordinates from a point feature in one layer (read only, reference) to generate a point in another layer (editable) based off those.

This would be a helpful QA/QC measure, as many of our workflows occur in the same geographic location multiple times.

The attached screenshot should help elucidate what I am after. Grateful for any recommendations/first steps. I probably need to delve into popup.js file? Thanks!

infowindow

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

So this is definitely possible. It will involve a bit of development though. First you have to create a new FeatureAction:

Create a feature action in your widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for De... 

You can use the Edit Widgets EditFeatureAction.js or the SmartEditors SmartEditorFeatureAction.js as an example.

If your ultimate goal is to have the Smart Editor or the Edit widget open with the new feature that is created from the existing one the I would add your custom featureaction to those widgets instead of creating your own widget for this.

The FeatureAction will have the original feature, thus it's geometry that you can use to create your new feature.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

So this is definitely possible. It will involve a bit of development though. First you have to create a new FeatureAction:

Create a feature action in your widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for De... 

You can use the Edit Widgets EditFeatureAction.js or the SmartEditors SmartEditorFeatureAction.js as an example.

If your ultimate goal is to have the Smart Editor or the Edit widget open with the new feature that is created from the existing one the I would add your custom featureaction to those widgets instead of creating your own widget for this.

The FeatureAction will have the original feature, thus it's geometry that you can use to create your new feature.

JeffWilcox1
New Contributor III

exactly what I was looking for, thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Great,  be sure to mark this question as answered by clicking on the “correct answer” link for the reply that answered your question.

0 Kudos