Add Routing To A Widget???

12-07-2017 12:41 PM
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

How is it possible that I can search for almost an hour just trying to find a URL that I can plug into a Widget in Web App Builder to do Directions...?

I thought I already had this solved by having a Public Routing Service in my Organizations group but it suddenly no longer works... So fine... I will create a new one. 45 minutes later and I have no idea where to go to setup a new service or to just get a URL to plug into the Widget so it will work again... Over a year working and suddenly it stops.

Frustration with ESRI's overcomplicated means of information handling is driving me crazy.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

So I dug around in the Routing Service that suddenly stopped working and discovered the URL : http://route.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World/Route/NAServer/Route_World

So I created a new item in AGOL. Added it to the web map. ArcGIS Web Application 

But now it asks for a login everytime you try to do Directions.

Does anyone have an idea how to make this thing work?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brian,

Routing is not free. There is a credit cost for simple routes. See this link and search for "Simple Route". That is why you have to login.

Esri Directions and Routing Services | ArcGIS for Developers 

LemaoWu
Esri Contributor

Brian,

If you want it to be accessed anonymously, the help topic here may be helpful: Attribute—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS