Add domain value in ArcGisOnline?

02-03-2017 07:03 AM
LianaSmith
Occasional Contributor II

Is it possible to add coded values to layer's domain in ArcGIS Online? I use layer in the application that is constantly updated with new domains (inspector names). Now I have to update it in geodatabase and republish feature server. Is there any way to do in the application, so the user adds inspector name himself? May be someone used geoprocessing service for that?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
18 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Liana,

Not that I can think of.

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly3

Hi Liana,

If the service is hosted in ArcGIS Online, the domain values can be edited through the service URL of the layer:

https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2014/10/19/updating-hosted-feature-services-in-arcgis-online/

Note that you should make a backup of your data first before attempting these changes!

Carmel

SteveRhyne2
New Contributor III

I clicked on the link about updating hosted feature service in AGOL but it redirects the web page. Does anyone know where I can find the information about this or a different source? Thanks!

SteveRhyne2
New Contributor III

Perfect! Thanks!

0 Kudos
DelaereMickael

Same problem,

Domains don't appair in arcgis pro 2. Impossible to use the toolbox.

Have tried to override the problem using survey 123 connect. but it is a fail.

did you tried with ag desktop ?

Another possibility to test may be, the replica funtionnality of rest services from agol.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-qpvAI3Fo0MKR
Occasional Contributor III

Out of curiosity, why are your Inspectors different from your editors?

0 Kudos
LeonS
by

There is an add-in available in Pro called the ArcGIS Solutions Deployment Tool that has the capability to add and modify domains of hosted feature layers.

ArcGIS Solutions Deployment Tool | ArcGIS Solutions 

Leon

deleted-user-qpvAI3Fo0MKR

I've used this tool, it works great!

0 Kudos