Select to view content in your preferred language

Finish line draw using jimu/dijit/DrawBox

06-08-2018 10:59 AM
KarenRobine
Occasional Contributor II

I'm having an occasional issue when I use the Polyline tool to draw a line. On occasion, when I double-click to finish the line, the last line section (since last vertex drawn) disappears. Has anyone run into this issue before?  I do have snapping turned on when I draw a line, so I'm wondering if the snapping might be interfering with it.  Thoughts on how to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Karen,

I can not say I have ever encountered that issue. Are you sure you are not accidentally moving/panning the map as you are trying to double click?

0 Kudos
KarenRobine

Nope. I'm sure.  I just single click my vertices. Then double-click to end the line.  One other thing I should note is that I have several widgets using this tool. In addition, I use the DrawBox tool in several instances in a single widget (ie., this.drawBox2, this.drawBoxSelect, and this.drawBoxPnt2Pnt are in the same widget). I am careful to deactivate the one that's not being used when the other one is activated.  It kind of feels like the problem is a timing thing. I'm just not sure what to do to fix it.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Karen,

intermittent error like this are always the hardest to debug. I an not sure what to tell you. I guess I would try to narrow down my widgets code to least possible code as I debug it, and see if it stops having an issue with some piece being removed.

0 Kudos
KarenRobine

Yeah. I hear ya. I figured that was the next step. I was just hoping someone had an idea on what it could possibly be before I do that next step, as that can be quite tedious.  I'll post the answer when I figure it out. Thanks.

0 Kudos
KarenRobine

You've got me thinking about the possibility of panning while double clicking.  Do you do something to avoid this issue? I'll definitely research this possibility some more. I recall there's a way to check if the user is currently panning or maybe using mouse-event double-click or something. hmmm.

0 Kudos