Add data widget

11-20-2018 01:18 PM
GarethYoung1
New Contributor III

Is there a way to customise the add data widget so that it doesn't take you to the AGOL or portal page for the metadata?

It would be ideal if the description etc appeared in the widget or in a pop-up box.

Many thanks

Gareth

Robert Scheitlin, GISPAdri2c Pérez Beneito

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Gareth,

That is a fairly large ask. What portion of the Service details that are displayed on that page would you have go to a popup instead (there are quite a few)?

0 Kudos
GarethYoung1
New Contributor III

Robert,

I really appreciate all the assistance you have given me these last few days.  I'm still only learning javascript so struggle with the customisation.  I can customise the css no problem.

It would be:

Description

Terms of Use

Credits

And if possible a button to open the metadata that's stored with the item like if you click here in agol:

Its just a query to see if its possible and how you would go about it

Thanks

0 Kudos
GarethYoung1
New Contributor III

Sorry,

I forgot the name of the item

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Gareth,

That would involve changing the detailsClicked function in the AddData/search/ItemCard.js to instead make an esriRequest to the REST service endpoint to get the json back and then use something like the jimu.js/dijit/message.js to present the info to the user in a message popup.

0 Kudos
GarethYoung1
New Contributor III

Robert,

Thanks for coming back to me so promptly.  I think that is beyond the skills I currently have.

Thanks again for all your assistance.  It's much appreciated

Gareth

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

No problem. Don’t forget to mark this and all your other questions today as answered.

0 Kudos
GarethYoung1
New Contributor III

Robert,

I have found a widget that has been customised although I can't get it to work.  I get the following error message:

Any suggestioons on what the issue might be?

0 Kudos
GarethYoung1
New Contributor III

I could send my widget code if required although I can't see an attach option.

0 Kudos
GarethYoung1
New Contributor III

It appears that the widget that I have can't find our AGOL instance as the search doesn't work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos