Query Tool Available

03-27-2013 09:20 AM
RichZwaap
Occasional Contributor III
A new Query Tool is now available for the ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight.  The tool allows users of the Application Builder to interactively build queries against ArcGIS Server services, presenting end-users with a simple dialog box that prompts for values to plug into the query.  End-users of a configured query tool are prompted to input query values into text boxes, drop-down lists, or both.  Results are shown on the map and in the Viewer�??s attribute table.  For developer's the tool's full source code is available.

To get started using the tool or exploring its implementation, simply download it from ArcGIS Online.
0 Kudos
16 Replies
RodneySanders
New Contributor
I've been experimenting with ArcGIS Viewer for SilverLight because it's a simple way to get started creating a basic web app.  The Search Tool was lacking in functionality.  The Query Tool was badly needed and works great.  Thanks for sharing.

Rodney Sanders
uR Solutions
ESRI Business Partner
Mission, KS  (Kansas City)
0 Kudos
RebeccaVanKampen
New Contributor
Is it possible to have the query tool open at initial page load by default?
So the user can select which data fields they were interested in right from the beginning. Would it be hard to modify the xaml to configure it like that?

Any thoughts are appreciated-
0 Kudos
IoannisKavouras
New Contributor
I have downloaded the zip file and extracted it. I upload successfully the QueryTool.AddIns.xap in Silverlight Viewer 3.1 and when I select �??Details�?? in the �??Add-In Details: QueryTool.AddIns�?� window there are no add-ins listed.

As a result the tool does not appear in the Add Tool dialog in the Query category.

Any ideas how to overcome this problem?

Thank you in advance,
Ioannis
0 Kudos
RobBennett
New Contributor
I just finished building something similar ... that performs SQL queries that return a graphics layer, without the user actually having to formulate an SQL query, by entering the attribute value only.

What I need is a similar tool that filters an existing layer using the FeatureLayer.Where property. 

I can't figure out how to convert the logic in the Silverlight API example to something I can use in ArcGIS for Sharepoint, or Viewer.

http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/silverlight/samples/start.htm#FeatureLayerFiltering

It would return the same results as the current out of the box filter tool that is offered for ArcGIS for Sharepoint, but using the same interface I use in the search tool I built that doesn't require the user to formulate an SQL theory.  thanks for any input

Rob Bennett
0 Kudos
Dr__Syed_AliNaqi
New Contributor III
Ioannis, have you solved your probleb. Same case with me.

After uploading QueryTool.AddIns.xap in Silverlight Viewer, the "Query Layer tool"  does not appear in the Query category of Add Tool Dialog.

Any suggestion how to overcome this problem?

Higly appreciated.

Ali Naqi
0 Kudos
IoannisKavouras
New Contributor
Ali,
unfortunately, I haven't had any reply or solution so far.

Keep me posted if anything comes up from your side

Ioannis
0 Kudos
IoannisKavouras
New Contributor
Ioannis, have you solved your probleb. Same case with me.

After uploading QueryTool.AddIns.xap in Silverlight Viewer, the "Query Layer tool"  does not appear in the Query category of Add Tool Dialog.

Any suggestion how to overcome this problem?

Higly appreciated.

Ali Naqi

Ali,
unfortunately, I haven't had any reply or solution so far.

Keep me posted if anything comes up from your side

Ioannis
0 Kudos
Hwa_SaupLee
New Contributor III
How can I make this query tool to work with multiple feature layers?  For example I have several features layers, I would like to query all features in those multiple layers by a country name and display on the map.  Currently this tool works with one layer at a time.  But I need a single tool to query all records from multiple feature services at once.

Any idea, where I should look at the code?
0 Kudos
IanPeebles
Occasional Contributor III
How can I get this tool to work with multiple layers?  For instance, I want to be able to search for ID numbers for sewer, storm, water, and electric features all at once.  Each of these layers has their own unique ID in the service URL.  Right now, it only works against one layer.  Is it possible to perform searches against multiple layers?
0 Kudos