Select to view content in your preferred language

Query in Silverlight?

01-20-2012 05:27 AM
LauraMellem
New Contributor II
I want to add a query tool that does not require the user to type in an sql expression.  Is there a way to list domain values using the tool to make it easier?
0 Kudos
11 Replies
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Laura,

This is a situation where you would need to write a custom add-in. You might take a look at the Attribute Query sample in our [url=http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapps/silverlightviewer/samples/start.html]Samples[/url] page for information/ideas.

Katy
Katy Dalton | Technical Consultant
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™
0 Kudos
JesseRaymond
New Contributor
Hi Laura,

This is a situation where you would need to write a custom add-in. You might take a look at the Attribute Query sample in our Samples page for information/ideas.

Katy

Hi Katy,

We would like to use this tool, but we're not clear why it isn't offered as a pre-made add-in? What makes it require custom development? It seems rather cumbersome for users to have to re-invent the wheel on something that is already built in the samples...

Thanks,
Jesse
0 Kudos
Maral_CanEmre
New Contributor
Totally agree with Jesse, it's a backward step for those users who want to build simple web applcations without any coding background and once able to do it in ArcGIS Server 10 with Web Applications module.
0 Kudos
TomMagdaleno
Regular Contributor
Because you can now use your own custom locator I'm experimenting with making a custom address locator using General - Single Field style, then using it to query the field I need to search (facilityID field in my Sewer Line feature class).  I'll let you know if I get it working.
0 Kudos
TomMagdaleno
Regular Contributor
I made an address locator with General Single Field style and it works perfectly in ArcMap.  But in Silverlight it cannot connect to it for some reason.  I think their may be a bug with that style address locator.
0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor
I made an address locator with General Single Field style and it works perfectly in ArcMap.  But in Silverlight it cannot connect to it for some reason.  I think their may be a bug with that style address locator.

Please download the latest version of the search tool if you haven't already

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=a236f090e28e4254b96a8a138cf3c46a

I tested with General Single Field style locator service to search parcels. It found the parcels correctly using the ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight 3.0 and the latest search tool as mentioned above.

If you having trouble connecting to Geocoding service please use fiddler, IE or chrome developer tools and see if you get any errors under network or console tab. Please also try browsing directly to the REST Geocoding service to see if you can access it.
0 Kudos
Ariharan
New Contributor
Hi Laura,

This is a situation where you would need to write a custom add-in. You might take a look at the Attribute Query sample in our Samples page for information/ideas.

Katy

Hi Katy,
               Am also in the same situation, to create a Custom add-in for the query. Even the sample is available, this is not user fiendly. In the sample we need to type the entire query, with the proper attribute names and field values. But that is not possible at all.

So, please guide me to read the attribute field names and unique values of attributes from the selected layer. Is therer any build-in function to read those fields and values of the fields?
0 Kudos
YurongTan
Occasional Contributor
How to bind a query returns/results to a textblock in XAML?  See below.  Thanks

<TextBlock x:Name="textLabel" Forground="White" Text="Total records/features found: " />
<TextBlock x:Name="featuresFound" Foreground="Red" Text="{Binding ... }" />
0 Kudos
TomMagdaleno
Regular Contributor
Thank you Nakul for pointing me to the latest Search Tool.  It works as I expected.
0 Kudos