Planned improvements - Editor Tracking?

Jump to solution
07-11-2012 10:14 AM
GeorgeVernardos
New Contributor III
Hello,

would it be possible for you to give out a list of the planned improvements and new features of the forthcoming version?

I am particularly interested in Editor Tracking, which apparently requires a user authentication mechanism for the service layers.

Will this feature be supported? I see the Identity Manager in the Api v3.0, so I hope this will come as well.

Will it be possible to pass user credentials with a token on an application's url, or are you just planning to incorporate a login tool?
And, to make it a bit more complicated, how about services from different servers, requiring different credentials?

Overall, I wonder if a developer will have a way to create his or her own login mechanism and decide on the fly which credentials are associated to each layer in an app based on the Viewer.

Btw, is there a beta version planned for this release?

Thanks,
George
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi George,

... would it be possible for you to give out a list of the planned improvements and new features of the forthcoming version?

The next release of the Silverlight Viewer is planned for 3rd quarter 2012 (likely late Sept).
It will include the following as part of its core functionality:
- bookmarks tool
- measure tool
- custom locators
- print tool (supports the new 10.1 Printingtools GP service)

It will be built and compiled on the ArcGIS v3.0 API for Silverlight release.

... I am particularly interested in Editor Tracking, which apparently requires a user authentication mechanism for the service layers. Will this feature be supported?

After the next release, we will continue to work towards supporting additional ArcGIS for Server 10.1 capabilities. Supporting this capability is on the product roadmap.

... Btw, is there a beta version planned for this release?

This is to be determined.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi George,

... would it be possible for you to give out a list of the planned improvements and new features of the forthcoming version?

The next release of the Silverlight Viewer is planned for 3rd quarter 2012 (likely late Sept).
It will include the following as part of its core functionality:
- bookmarks tool
- measure tool
- custom locators
- print tool (supports the new 10.1 Printingtools GP service)

It will be built and compiled on the ArcGIS v3.0 API for Silverlight release.

... I am particularly interested in Editor Tracking, which apparently requires a user authentication mechanism for the service layers. Will this feature be supported?

After the next release, we will continue to work towards supporting additional ArcGIS for Server 10.1 capabilities. Supporting this capability is on the product roadmap.

... Btw, is there a beta version planned for this release?

This is to be determined.

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos