ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight, Addin cannot be saved after uploading

07-31-2012 01:05 AM
AYounas
New Contributor III
Hi Guys,

Sorry in advance if this is too basic thing I am missing here.

I am trying to add an addin for map extent constraint and I am having issues. I can upload it, can set the extent and it works but when I close the Silverlight builder application and open it again, I cannot see it next time or in my application extension folder.

I tried it so many times and I am having the same outcome, any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adi
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Adi,

In the Application Builder, if you click Settings and then go to the Add-Ins tab, do you see your add-in? I've attached a screenshot.

Katy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16530[/ATTACH]
Katy Dalton | Technical Consultant
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™
0 Kudos
AYounas
New Contributor III
Hi Adi,

In the Application Builder, if you click Settings and then go to the Add-Ins tab, do you see your add-in? I've attached a screenshot.

Katy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16530[/ATTACH]

Yes I can see that and I can save it as well and it works fine and all this stays until I have my browser window opened. As soon as I close or refresh my browser window its gone. Also I checked that when I upload the Addin (as per documentation it should copy the file into application's extension folder) but in my case it is not adding any file into it.

Any clue please?

Just for your info, I am using this addin, http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=a98029bff6684cf49b2b42c58699c491

Thanks,

Adi
0 Kudos
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor
Is it possible you are logged on with an account that does not have write permissions to the Inetpub\wwwroot folder? For instance, you may have installed ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight with an administrator account, but you are using a different account?

Katy
Katy Dalton | Technical Consultant
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™
0 Kudos