Select to view content in your preferred language

Microsoft.Bcl.Async support in Add-Ins [3.2]

Jump to solution
07-24-2014 10:59 AM
norie
by
New Contributor III

I'd like to use the Async Framework within my Viewer Add-in, however the viewer is already loading the assemblies:

[Microsoft.Threading.Tasks, Version=1.0.12.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a]

[Microsoft.Threading.Tasks.Extensions, Version=1.0.12.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a]

[Microsoft.Threading.Tasks.Extensions.Silverlight, Version=1.0.16.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a]

[System.Runtime, Version=2.5.19.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a]

[System.Threading.Tasks, Version=2.5.19.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a]

The assemblies from the Nuget package in Microsoft.Bcl.Async -Version 1.0.168 reference a newer version of System.Runtime & System.Threading.Tasks (The version referenced in GitHub packages.config file)

[System.Runtime, Version=2.6.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a]

[System.Threading.Tasks, Version=2.6.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a]

So, by the time my add-in tries to load it's dependencies, the older version is already loaded in the appdomain by the viewer.

Is there a specific version of Microsoft.Bcl.Async which will reference the correct version of System.Runtime & System.Threading.Tasks?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
norie
by
New Contributor III

Despite what GitHub shows, the 3.2 release version of the viewer visual studio template and builder/viewer do not use the Microsoft.Bcl nuget package. They use the older now defunct Async Targeting Pack.

To resolve, I unzipped the XAP and included Microsoft.CompilerServices.AsyncTargetingPack.dll into my project for Async Framework support.

All is well (until the next release).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
norie
by
New Contributor III

Despite what GitHub shows, the 3.2 release version of the viewer visual studio template and builder/viewer do not use the Microsoft.Bcl nuget package. They use the older now defunct Async Targeting Pack.

To resolve, I unzipped the XAP and included Microsoft.CompilerServices.AsyncTargetingPack.dll into my project for Async Framework support.

All is well (until the next release).

0 Kudos