Select to view content in your preferred language

Bookmarks sample add-in

04-19-2012 01:32 AM
ReginaldoPaderon
Regular Contributor
I recently dowloaded the latest ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight V 1.0.1.100.

From the free training video, adding the Bookmarks sample add-in is pretty straightforward. However, I can not successfully add it.

Errors includes ;
"The assembly 'ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Application.Controls' is already included in the application runtime.
Consider optimizing the size and download speed of your extension by marking the Assembly Reference with CopyLocal=false to exclude the assembly in the .xap packaging"

The downloaded Bookmarks.zip has only one .xap file, i.e. viewer.xap inside the Bookmarks.web folder.

Does the Bookmark sample add-in works with the new ArcGIs Viewer for Silverlight or am i missing something ..

Thank you.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Reginaldo,

That message is just a warning, and you should be able to continue using the Bookmarks add-in without trouble. After you upload the add-in, are you able to add it to a menu in the Application Builder via the Add Tools button?

Katy
Katy Dalton | Technical Consultant
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™
0 Kudos
ZhengHuang
New Contributor
I am having the same problem. After adding I looked in "Details" and it lists all the add-ins for "Viewer.xap" and I don't see Bookmarks. This happened with "Add WMS layer" and "Time Slider". Do I need visual studio express or something?
0 Kudos
TanyaOwens
Frequent Contributor
I am pretty sure you need to run a build on the add-in before installing it into the viewer with the xap file. You will need a version of visual studio to do this. Visual Studio Express should work.
0 Kudos