Select to view content in your preferred language

64 bit version error on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

01-18-2012 09:59 AM
MichaelBenedict
New Contributor
When running the ArcGISSilverlightViewer1_0_x64_en.exe as administrator I receive the following error message:
ArcGISSilverlightViewer1_0_x64_en.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

Running the 32 bit version tells me to run the 64 bit .exe. Anyone else having this issue?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Michael,

Can you check to see if the following folder exists in your %TEMP% directory:  "{24578947-E812-42FF-B0A4-97056E3CEEB7}".  If so, is there a setup.msi in there and what is the date of the setup.msi?

(Start -> Run   then type %TEMP% and press enter or Start - > Search text box type %TEMP%.
Note sometime the temp will take you to a folder ..\Temp\1 or some another number.  If so, go up a directory.
Disk Path:
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Temp

Katy
Katy Dalton | Technical Consultant
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™
0 Kudos
FranklineEcherue
New Contributor
Hi Katy:
I am having the same problem too. I am tryying to install ArcGIS SilverlightViewer3_1_x64 on windows server 2008R2 64bit . I get an Install error " The process terminate unexpectedly". I have already installed ArcGIS for silverligt on windows 7 for test purposes and everything works fine.I am trying now to move my app to the server but can't install ArcGIS for silverligt.I have doubled to also ensure that all IIS web server components are installed.

Any help Please!!
Thanks.

Frankline
ONUCI
0 Kudos
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Frankline,

One option to consider, if you're only hosting your App on the Server, is that you don't need the full ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight installed.

From our help:
[h=2]Deploying to a production environmentWhen you are ready to deploy your Viewer application to a production environment, copy the published web application folder or folders from your development machine to the Web resources directory of the target web server. For example, if you created a new application called "Site1," you would copy the Site1 folder from the Apps directory of your development machine to the production environment. Depending on the configuration of the target web server, you may then need to configure a virtual directory to point to the copied directory.

Hope that helps,
Katy
Katy Dalton | Technical Consultant
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™
0 Kudos