Select to view content in your preferred language

Silverlight Viewer - Configure Editing dialog - Edit values when features are added

01-14-2013 09:14 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: nath1732

All,

When I check the following box:

Add Features > Configure Editing > Edit values when features are added

the Identify dialog seems to no longer appear correctly.  I have created/modified an add-in that appears on the identify dialog.  As long as I don't add a feature, the identify dialog and its associated tools come up correctly.  If I check the above box and then add a new point feature, the standard identify popup tools are no longer present, and although I can't edit the attributes, the identify popup opens with "Apply" and "Cancel" buttons that don't seem to do anything.

Thanks for any info...

Nathan Noble
nnoble@vestra.com
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZacharyHart
Regular Contributor
Almost identical behavior for me, but with the edit value tool: newly added features only open the standard pop-up, no editing.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: LANDVEST

Almost identical behavior for me, but with the edit value tool: newly added features only open the standard pop-up, no editing.

Ok, some additional detail on this:
Using 3.1, and no error appears.

I have published a GP service which essentially just allows a user to interactively select some features from one FC and populate a target FC. The target FC is exposed for editing via a Feature Service. All works with the GP service. When I attempt to edit new features via the   Edit Values button, I get the regular pop-up. When I try to edit the values of an existing record from a previous run of the GP service during a previous session of the application, I�??m able to edit it as expected values as expected.

If I close the application, and then open the application again, I�??m able to edit values on the �??new�?? record as expected.
I have tried to enable and disable the �??Edit values when features are added�?? but the behavior is the same. I have also published the feature service both with and without ownership based access. Furthermore, after adding the new feature via the GP service, i'm immediately able to edit the geometry and save my edits.
0 Kudos
ZacharyHart
Regular Contributor
Well, i feel bad attaching this to the original post/thread now as the solution appears to be unrelated. For my situation:
in my model, I had one of the derived outputs as 'model parameter'. So, after the GP service ran, it populated the map contents with that new layer. I removed it as a model parameter, and now I can edit values immediately after running the GP service. The only thing I can take a guess at is that SL was getting confused with the newly added layer somehow.
0 Kudos