Select to view content in your preferred language

Windows Login / Splash / Multi Config widget?

01-17-2014 07:44 AM
AaronKreag
Occasional Contributor
All,

I am wondering if anyone knows where I can find a widget that is similar to the splash that would have like two options or buttons, one a Public (unsecured) option and one a Private or secured option.  If the user hits public they see the public flex app with public data.  If they choose Private they would be prompted for some kind of Login, a user name and password...maybe something like a windows login managed in IIS??  I am ok with maintaining this list and all in house here on my server.  I am not looking for token security on REST layers right now.  If the user authenticates then they get a flex app with a few more widgets and a few more data sets.  I have seen some stuff that comes close like in the COP or common operational picture flex apps where the user picks their role and they get a different type of web map based on different config files but I think for me the missing piece here is the basic windows type login page at the front end of the flex mapping application.  It seems there may be some samples, examples, something out there but I haven't been able to find it.  Thank you for any help.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor II
Aaron,

Robert has an advanced splash widget you could configure to do this:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=8492794bf5bf4358bca6cce29db31b14

Or I have upload a widget that allows you to choose which config you want to use:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=a28b758b3fc14c5794b30d5c230713fb

On your private app secure your layers that are private and the user will be prompted for a log in.

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
AaronKreag
Occasional Contributor
Anthony-

This is great.  I have Roberts splash that I was looking at but had not seen your revised COP widget.  This is what I was looking for with regard to the multiple users and configs.  Now all I need to figure out is the windows login screen piece.  Can you explain "On your private app secure your layers that are private and the user will be prompted for a log in."?

Are you referring to security in ESRI (arc server / REST / tokens and that?)  I wanted to try something a bit more simple, like on your Editor selection, hit ok, then get a user name and password prompt, then after that get Roberts Splash screen or have the user name and password integrated into your widget or in Roberts widget.  I am not a developer so I am finding my way along.....

Thank you!!

Aaron
0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor II
Aaron,

You can implement security very easy if you have arcgis server 10.1, see here:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Restricting_access_to_GIS_web_services/015...

Once you have secured a service the flex viewer will automatically show a log in screen when the application loads.

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
AaronKreag
Occasional Contributor
Currently at version 10.0....
0 Kudos
AaronKreag
Occasional Contributor
How hard would it be to basically blend Roberts splash page with your config selector??  I need the logo, tabs, text blocks and buttons in my splash page but want this user config profile selector as well......

Aaron
0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor II
Aaron,

It's very easy as all the config selector does is reload the viewer with a particular config file. In the config file for your main viewers add Roberts splash widget.

I jumped from server 9.3.1 to 10.1 so never played with the security for 10 so sorry I can't really help you out with that.

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
AaronKreag
Occasional Contributor
Anthony-

Not sure why I am over thinking this....  Regarding the security, I went through the wwwroot folder in IIS and just tried Basic and also Windows Security there under the authentication "tab".  It works like a champ!  The basic is great for what I need.  The windows option has to be managed in active directory, I dont want that overhead right now.  I will work on using both of the splash pages here this weekend.  I think I am squared away!  Thanks for the help.

Aaron
0 Kudos
SaurabhGupta4
New Contributor

Hello Aaron

I know this post is bit old but i want to do same as u have mentioned in your post.

Please let me know if you have found a way for doing this. I am using 10.2 version of server and 3.6 as flex viewer.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Saurabh

0 Kudos