Select to view content in your preferred language

widget xml file

09-17-2014 04:56 PM
LefterisKoumis
Regular Contributor II

I know this is an easy question, but it just puzzles me a great deal.

One of my custom widgets when I run it, it refuses to copy its xml file to the server. It only compiles the mxml file and it sends the swf to the server. The xml file is defined in the widget section of the config.xml of the app. All other custom widgets run with their own xml file with no problems.

Ideas?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lefteris,

You are using an deployment method that I am not use to. Normally I have a bin-release folder in my workspace on my development laptop and I manually copy the contents of this folder to my web server. Do you have "Copy non-embeded files to output folder" checked in your projects properties > Flex Compiler > Compiler Options?

0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis
Regular Contributor II

Thanks Robert.

To publish the app on the production server, I use sometimes the bin-release option as well, but still the xml file is not in the widget folder.

When I test the app, I use the localhost of my workstation web server. When I compile the app, the xml file is not copied to the localhost.

In either case, bin-release or testing the app, I have to manually copy the xml file in the widget  to successfully test the app.

The setting you referred to is already set that way.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lefteris,

The only time I have seen something missing is when you have embedded an asset image and then the bin-release folder will not contain that image. But I have never seen an XML not get put in the bin-debug folder. My setup is to create a application in IIS and set the path to my development laptops Flash Builder workspace and then the specific projects bin-debug (for development testing). So the IIS application path looks like this: C:\Flash Builder 4.7\FlexViewer3.6\bin-debug and then in Flash Builder the projects properties > Flex Build Path > Output folder is bin-debug and the Output folder URL is http://gislap183/FlexViewer3.6 . I have been developing in Flex for many years and this has always worked well for me (never had an issue like you are having).

0 Kudos